Welcome to the website of the European Tsunami Risk Service (ETRiS), a pilot DDSS (Data, Data products, Services, and Software) service for tsunami risk. This service is part of the candidate Thematic Core Service for tsunami and will be integrated into the Integrated Core Service Data Portal of the European Plate Observing System (EPOS). The primary objective of this service is virtual access provision for DDSS for tsunami vulnerability and risk components.
Theis web platform will provide some essential DDSS required for probabilistic tsunami risk analysis (PTRA) such as:
- Tsunami Impact and Consequence Datasets (selected raw/processed datasets of impact and damage incurred by tsunami)
- Data Products for Tsunami Risk Assessment (damage scales, fragility curves, consequence models, vulnerability curves)
- The Tsunami Risk Modeller’s Toolkit (software and tools for tsunami risk analysis, stand-alone software and tools for post-processing raw data, model testing and validation)
- E-Learning (Online teaching material, exercises, and tools for probabilistic analysis and uncertainty characterization and propagation, fragility and vulnerability modelling, model testing and selection)
Glossary: A full description of the PTRA workflow and terminology can be found in Behrens et al. (2021).
- IM: Tsunami intensity measure (e.g., wave amplitude, flow depth, current velocity, momentum flux, or maximum inundation height)
- DM: Damage measure (e.g., a physical damage state)
- DV: decision variable (e.g., fatalities, repair costs, downtime)
ETRiS is bound to GO FAIR with the data it makes available. Read our Data Management Plan to find out how we make data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable openly and for free.
ETRiS releases data and data products with a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.